Music in community buildings (run by voluntary organisations) can be used for different events and activities.

Whether you’re playing music at functions in community centres or for entertainment purposes in village halls, you’ll usually need TheMusicLicence for your community building.

By obtaining TheMusicLicence you’ll be able to play PRS for Music and PPL music legally in your community building and enjoy its benefits whilst ensuring that its creators are fairly rewarded for their work.

Get TheMusicLicence Button

How is my licence cost calculated?

If you're using music in your community building, the chances are you'll need TheMusicLicence.

The cost of TheMusicLicence varies depending on the specific characteristics of each community building, so please contact us for a quote. Before doing so, please ensure you’ve read our Music Licence Quote Checklist for each section that is applicable to you, and have the relevant information ready so we can provide an accurate quote for your community building music licence.

Quote Checklist

Community buildings (run by voluntary organisations)

  • Annual Defined Income as defined in our Tariff – community buildings

Understanding your music licence royalties

To help you understand how much TheMusicLicence could cost for your community building, you can view the individual PPL and PRS for Music tariffs that may be applicable to you.

PPL Tariffs
  • Community Buildings
  • Background music pubs, bars, restaurants and cafes
  • Background music in offices
  • Exercise to music
  • Single and casual events
  • Specially featured entertainment
PRS for Music Tariffs
  • Community Buildings
  • Fitness and dance