Do I need TheMusicLicence?

My Jukebox or music supplier has told me they’ve paid for the licence

PRS for Music

  • PRS for Music license the premises where the music is being played and don’t have any licensing agreements with jukebox or background music supplier companies. This means that you’ll usually need TheMusicLicence.


  • Where a jukebox is rented from a supplier a PPL licence is taken out by the jukebox operator on behalf of the premises, which means the PPL licence is included with the jukebox rental, however you may still need to contact us to arrange for the PRS for Music licence.
  • If the jukebox is owned by the premises, then the PPL licence will not be included and you’ll usually need TheMusicLicence.
  • If you are using music in other ways, for example live performances, discos, TVs, radio or other digital devices, you’ll usually need TheMusicLicence.