Introducing TheMusicLicence

What is the difference between an entertainment licence and TheMusicLicence?

  • An entertainment licence is issued by your local authority. It gives you permission to provide entertainment on your premises and may be subject to certain conditions such as time restrictions or number of people attending.
  • It does not deal with the copyright in the music you wish to play or perform at your premises, or the legal permission you need for this from the copyright holders.
  • TheMusicLicence, issued by PPL PRS Ltd, gives you that legal permission, covering the vast majority of commercially-released music. This allows you to legally play or perform music at your premises for customers and/or employees, through the radio, TV, digital devices and live performances.