Where does my money go?

After our business costs, music licence fees are distributed to all those involved in making music via our parent companies PPL and PRS for Music. This means that those people who write, perform, compose, record or publish music are fairly paid for their work. 


TheMusicLicence Infographic

Find out more about PPL and PRS for Music

Our two parent companies will continue to represent their members, collecting monies owed to them from international societies, independently consulting on and negotiating on their Tariff rates and licensing their broadcast, online and recorded media customers.

If you’re interested in becoming a member of PPL or PRS for Music, or for enquiries relating to membership and royalties please visit their websites for more information.

PRS for Music

If you are a songwriter, composer or music publisher, find out about becoming a member of PRS for Music.

PRS for Music red 18


If you are a musician, performer or record label, find out about becoming a member of PPL.


Get TheMusicLicence and put the essential energy of music at the heart of your business.

Call us on
0800 086 8820

(8am-6pm, Monday-Friday)

Alternatively you can complete the online form and an adviser will call you back soon.