Specific services offered on this Website or accessible via this Website may have additional terms and conditions applicable to them, details of which will be provided on the relevant page(s) of this Website or when accessing the relevant services. If you have a music licence or have any other form of contractual relationship with us, the terms and conditions of your licence or other contract may also be relevant to matters such as your use of this Website, communications to/from us and how your information (including any Personal Data) may be used.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “DPA”), the data controller is PPL PRS Ltd with its registered office at Mercury Place, St. George Street, Leicester, LE1 1QG.
How we collect Personal Data about you
We collect Personal Data from visitors to this Website which includes Personal Data you provide when you create an online account to use our web based system, submit application forms, apply to request or take out a music licence, pay an invoice online, enter a competition or survey and when you report a problem with the Website.
With regard to each of your visits to the Website we may automatically collect technical information, including the Internet Protocol (‘IP’) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
Personal Data we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate. We also work closely with selected third parties (including, for example, business partners and sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services) and may receive Personal Data about you from them.
Use of information
We will use your Personal Data in the manner set out in the section below headed “Disclosure of Personal Data” and to:
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us including any outstanding obligations we may have following termination of any contract we may have had with you;
- provide and personalise our services to you;
- notify you about changes to our service or improvements to our website;
- deal with your enquiries and requests;
- administer orders and accounts relating to your licence agreement;
- administer your licensee records;
- disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing, research and strategic development purposes;
- analyse usage patterns of the Website in order to determine which areas users find most valuable to them and to evaluate ways to improve the Website.
In addition to the uses described above we may also use your Personal Data to contact you by post, telephone and, where consent has been given, by email regarding music-related products and services provided by us or offered by selected third parties that may be of interest. If you do not wish your details to be used by us for these marketing purposes you can opt out of this at any time by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject line Opt Out.
Disclosure of information
We may share your Personal Data with our parent companies, PRS for Music Limited (“PRS“) and/or Phonographic Performance Limited (“PPL“), as appropriate. Please see the separate privacy policies of PRS for Music (www.prsformusic.com/privacy/) and PPL (www.ppluk.com/Additional-Pages/Privacy-Policy/) which apply to their use of such Personal Data.
We may also share your Personal Data with selected third parties including business partners and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, including:
- Suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf in connection with the potential uses of Personal Data set out in the section above headed “Use of Information” and “Direct Marketing” in which case such supplier will only process Personal Data according to the instructions we give them.
- Future owners of our business, in which case Personal Data held by PPL PRS Ltd about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We ask that you do not share user names, passwords or any other secure access information with anyone – you are responsible for keeping this information confidential and secure. You must notify us in the event that such information is revealed to, or accessed by, anyone else or where you become aware of a breach of confidentiality or any unauthorised use of this website.
Our website may contain links to other websites which are outside our control and are not covered by this policy. We encourage you to read the privacy policies on the other websites you visit.
Access to your Personal Data
You have a right to access the personal information held about you by submitting a “Subject Access Request“. To make a Subject Access Request you will need to put the request in writing, and send it to the address set out below.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you believe that we have breached our obligations under the DPA or you are otherwise concerned about the way in which your Personal Data is handled. Please visit www.ico.org.uk for further information.
How your Personal Data is stored and transferred
Unfortunately, the transmission of Personal Data via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
PPL PRS Ltd
St. George Street
Leicester LE1 1QG
Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (please include the words “Data Protection” in the subject line of the email).