Are you licensed for firework displays?

Bring flare to your firework night!

The crackle of the bonfire, the warm mulled wine, the fireworks bursting into the dark night air… Whether it’s a couple of fireworks on your local village green or a grand fireworks display in your city centre park, hosting a bonfire night is always going to be an enjoyable and memorable occasion.

Are you licensed correctly to play music during bonfire night?

Putting on a successful evening also involves a great deal of planning. From ticketing to catering to that all-important health and safety.

So, what about the music?

Music can help you turn the field into a fiesta or the park into a party. However, if you are using music at your bonfire night or fireworks display event; whether the music is live, recorded or as specially featured entertainment, it is likely you will need TheMusicLicence.

fireworks music licence

What is TheMusicLicence?

TheMusicLicence allows you to legally play music in public, through the radio, TV, other digital devices and live performances.

It is required because under The Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, permission is needed from the relevant copyright holders – those people who create music – in order to play or perform music in public.

A music licence gives you this permission, in relation to the vast majority of commercially available music. This ranges from grassroots and independent artists and composers through to some of the biggest names in the business who are members of PPL PRS Ltd’s parent companies PPL and PRS for Music and whose rights are represented by PPL PRS Ltd.

I have an entertainment licence, why do I need TheMusicLicence?

A music licence and an entertainment licence are two different types of licence. TheMusicLicence is issued by PPL PRS whereas an entertainment licence is issued by your local authority and is, instead, concerned with that authority’s permission for you to provide entertainment on your premises and how you provide that entertainment.

This means that you will still need TheMusicLicence for your event, even if you have already obtained an entertainment licence.

TheMusicLicence fireworks displays

How do I get TheMusicLicence for my firework event?

It’s easy to obtain TheMusicLicence for your event. Simply get in touch and we will guide you through the process.

TheMusicLicence rate may vary depending on several factors, such as the size of your event, the number of attendees or how you are using music at your event. This also depends when you will use music during the firework display and whether you will use live performances or specially featured entertainment (such as DJ sets or discos).

We are more than happy to talk through any questions you might have about using music at your firework display.

Contact us on 0116 290 0525, or complete our Get TheMusicLicence form and we will call you back to discuss your licence requirements.



Ready to play music?

Set up a new music licence for your business or organisation.

Get a Quote