Music can be used in a variety of ways within your fitness and dance business.
By obtaining TheMusicLicence you will be able to play music legally and enjoy its benefits whilst ensuring that its creators are fairly rewarded for their work.
Benefits of TheMusicLicence
Music can be an important part of day-to-day life for many people, especially during their leisure time. Playing it for your members or customers could help to lift that experience, boost the mood and enhance the atmosphere across your brand.
Music has the power to put the rhythm into a reception, the jive into the gym or turn a class into a celebration. It can uplift, motivate and enable people to hit their personal high notes when we thought it was easier to give up.
Empower customers to tune into their workouts and get the most of their experience with TheMusicLicence!
How is my music licence cost calculated?
There are a range of tariffs to cover the different uses of music across various venue types. However, the cost of TheMusicLicence will vary according to your music use. To help you understand how much TheMusicLicence could cost, you can view the individual PPL and PRS for Music tariffs that may be applicable to you.
The cost of TheMusicLicence for a gym, fitness or dance business varies depending on each business, so please contact us for a quote. Before doing so, please ensure you’ve read our Music Licence Quote Checklist for each section that is applicable to you and have the relevant information ready so we can provide an accurate quote for your fitness and dance music licence.
1. Gym operators/fitness & leisure centres
- The areas where music is audible such as the gym floor, reception areas, cafes etc.
- The square meterage of the total area where music is audible
- Number of TV screens any music videos are played on
2. Dance studios
- Number of hours music is played in the studio per week
- Number of lessons/classes per year
- Number of social dances held per year
3. Independent dance teachers
Annual attendance at lessons/classes
•The square meterage of the total area where music is audible
•Number of TV screens any music videos are played on
• Number of lessons/classes per year
• Number of social dances held per year
*Research performed by PPL PRS in relation to TheMusicLicence, Feb – Mar 2020. Figures based on a group of 73 participants