Health Care
Music Licence

Music in health care surroundings could enhance the atmosphere and create an environment people enjoy.

Whether you’re playing music in doctors, dentist or clinic reception areas, waiting rooms or staff areas, you’ll usually need a music licence from PPL PRS.

By obtaining TheMusicLicence you’ll be able to play PRS for Music and PPL music legally and enjoy its benefits whilst ensuring that its creators are fairly rewarded for their work.


The power of background music

Whether you’re playing music in reception and waiting areas, background music in your health care organisation has the potential enhance the experience you provide to your customers and staff.

Find out more about the power of background music for health care organisations…


How is my music licence cost calculated?

The cost of TheMusicLicence varies depending on the specific characteristics of each health care organisation, so please contact us for a quote.

Before doing so, please ensure you’ve read our Quote Checklist for each section that is applicable to you, and have the relevant information ready so we can provide an accurate quote for your health care music licence.

Quote Checklist

Background music

  • The areas where music is audible, such as treatment areas, waiting rooms, office areas, cafes etc.
  • The square meterage of each area where music is audible
  • Number of chairs in waiting rooms
  • Number of beds supplied with recorded music

Telephone music on hold

  • Details of any telephone on hold music

Get a quote

If you’ve got all your information ready, please contact us or complete our Get TheMusicLicence form to arrange a quote.

Call us on 0116 290 0525

(8am-6pm, Monday-Friday)

Ready to play music?

Set up a new music licence for your business today.

Get TheMusicLicence

Brochure Download

Complete this form to receive our health care brochure via email:

    Subscribe to newsletter

    PPL PRS use the information you provide to contact you about our services & relevant content. You may unsubscribe from these communications at any time. Your personal data will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

    Related articles

    Success Stories

    We spoke to two dog experts to find out what they thought about the effect music can have on dogs and their

    Read More »
    Success Stories

    Calder Vets

    Music can ease anxiety and also aid recovery time after a stressful situation, but what about for animals? We spoke to Lead

    Read More »

    Thinking about playing music in your health care organisation and want to know more?

    What is TheMusicLicence?

    What is TheMusicLicence

    TheMusicLicenceallows you to legally play music for employees or customers in your business through the radio, TV, other digital devices and live performances.
    Learn more

    Do I need a music licence?

    Do I need a music licence?

    If you use, play or perform music in your business or organisation, the chances are you need a music licence.
    Learn more

    Where does my money go?

    Where does my money go?

    After our business costs, music licence fees are distributed to all those involved in making music via our parent companies PPL and PRS for Music.
    Learn more

    How do I get TheMusicLicence?

    Call us on 0116 290 0525

    (8am-6pm, Monday-Friday)

    Alternatively you can complete the online form and an adviser will be in touch.