Education Music Licence
Create a euphony in your educational establishment.
Whether you’re playing background music in nurseries, pre-schools, schools and colleges or playing music for extra-curricular or entertainment activities, you’ll usually need a music licence from PPL PRS.
By obtaining a TheMusicLicence you’ll be able to play PRS for Music and PPL music legally and enjoy its benefits whilst ensuring that its creators are fairly rewarded for their work.
Benefits of TheMusicLicence
We all learn in different ways and our environment can play an influential part in that. With TheMusicLicence you could reflect the atmosphere you want and mirror the right music to influence this.
Create more in a classroom, put the performance into PE, bring the talent to the shows. No matter what the age group, music could aid in the development of the next generation.
Playing music in nurseries and pre-schools or in schools and colleges could not only help create a more entertaining environment for your pupils and staff but could also:
Enhance the environment
Help set the tone, change the mood & create an atmosphere that enables a joyful learning experience. This can help make pre-schools and nurseries feel more relaxed and could improve the motivation and overall experience of pupils in higher learning.
Music could contribute to creating a better working environment, promoting engagement, collaboration & motivation. Helping to engage your pupils, improving morale. A happier environment could lead to greater productivity and possibly aid in the focus of students.
Millions of songs
TheMusicLicence covers virtually all commercially released music available – millions of songs & recordings, including the most popular & well-loved music, not just from the UK, but from around the world.
How is the cost calculated?
The cost of TheMusicLicence for an education establishment varies depending on the specific characteristics of each business, so please contact us for a quote.
Before doing so, please ensure you’ve read our Quote Checklist for each section that is applicable to you and have the relevant information ready so we can provide an accurate quote for your shop or store music licence.
- Details of how music is used, such as for breakfast/holiday clubs, parent evenings/open days, general background music etc.
- Type of devices used to play music, such as radio, CDs, TV etc.
Schools & colleges
- Schools – CEFM act on behalf of PPL PRS Ltd as collection agents for UK schools. For details on how to get a licence please visit CEFM
- Colleges – To ensure we provide you with an accurate quote, please contact us and we’ll go through your specific music usage with you
Universities & other educational establishments
- Music can be used in a variety of ways in other educational establishments, ranging from live music, discos and end of term parties, through to staff rooms, offices, gyms and cafes. To ensure we provide you with an accurate quote, please contact us and we’ll go through your specific music usage
Get a quote
Complete this form to receive our Education brochure via email: